The village of Wesley was surveyed in 1871 . In 1872 tract was transferred to the city of Wesley. There were originally 37 blocks in the original plat and the city was established. The transaction was recorded in October 1873. If there was any question of which building was first constructed it was the Depot along with the section house for the railroad. Unlike today with corn and soybeans as the primary crops, wild hay was very plentiful and was bailed and shipped out on the train.