Posted on Wednesday April 28, 2021
IN CITY NEWS…
- City Council Meetings June 14th at 6:30 PM
July 12th at 6:30 PM
- Garbage tags are available at City Hall for $1.50 each (Must be placed on garbage bags)
- Library Temporary Hours: Monday and Wednesday 10:00 am-2:00 pm; Friday and Saturday 9:00 am-12:00 pm. Glow Run registration due June 12th.
- If you are interested in renting out the Community Center or Shelter House for graduations, birthdays, weddings and other parties please call City Hall 515-679-4292.
- All golf cart/ATV permits expire 6/30/2021. Please renew your permit by 4:00 pm on 6/30/2021 $35/permit. Or $45/permit after July 1, 2021.
- All dog license fees shall become delinquent July 1, 2021 and a delinquent penalty of $5.00 per month shall be added to each unpaid license on and after said date.
- All water, sewer and garbage rates yearly increase begin July 1, 2021 of 2%. If you have questions regarding the yearly increase, please visit wesleyiowa.com and click drop down menu government/city codes “code of ordinances” or call Wesley City Hall at 515-679-4292.
- Wesley Community Club has recently purchased new tables and chairs for events and are available to use when you rent the Wesley Shelter House. Coming Soon - Wesley Monopoly, Calendars and other Wesley Memorabilia. More info on how to purchase these items will be coming in the near future.
- Wesley T-Ball and Little League would love to have fans in the stands for Home games, please see calendar above. We will also be serving burgers, hot dogs, nachos and other goodies so please come down to the softball field for dinner and entertainment. Thank you for everyone’s support!
- If you or someone you know would like to be a part of the Main Street Park Project. Please contact Councilwoman Leider at 515-320-4833 or Councilman Reding 515-341-0626. The City Council would like to put together a committee of residents from town and representatives from each entity to participate in this project. Thank you, and we hope you are excited as we are for this upcoming town project!
- Chris Nygaard (320-2579) and Tracy Studer (320-0581) are in the process of collecting materials for the book we are writing for Wesley’s 150th anniversary. Any current or former citizens that have pictures, family stories, historical information, etc., that they would like included please contact one of us. Likewise, for any current or former businesses/civic organizations past or present.